St. Thomas’ Episcopal Mission organized in 1875. The earliest meetings of the congregation were held in the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, where Bishop Alexander Garrett made monthly visitations and ministered. The first minister was the Rev. Voss. The congregation in 1886, lost all of its furniture, church records, etc., by the burning of the building used for church and Sunday school purposes. The congregation then occupied a neat and tasteful chapel, and held services once a month, while Captain T. B. Easton, lay reader, held lay services every Sunday. (The church was built in 1888 and was located on the corner of Knox and McKinney Streets, across from the current Post Office. The building was destroyed sometime between 1915 and 1920 by a storm. (A Memorial and Biographical History of Ellis County, Texas. Published Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Company, 1892.)
The current Church was built about 1930 on the corner of Sherman and Tyler Streets. The church moved to 901 Park Street in Dec. 1987. The first service held in the new location was a wedding, May 11, 1988.